Join Us in the Gettin’ Higher Choir Spring 2024 Season
Here’s What We Do
We start up Tuesday, Feb. 20th, with practices through June 13th
- Tuesday sessions (In-Person AND on Zoom) run 7:00pm to 9:00pm Pacific Time. We sing at the beautiful Esquimalt Gorge Park Pavilion, 1070 Tillicum Road (Google Maps link).
- Thursday sessions (only on Zoom, where we have at least four singers broadcasting to everyone else) run 7:00 to 8:45pm Pacific.
- Wednesday Sing-In sessions (on Zoom, and sometimes in person) run 7:00 to 8:30pm Pacific, and these are open to the drop-in public (see below).
Tuesdays and Thursdays are focussed on singing to build community, strengthen our resilience, have fun, experience harmony and to prepare songs for our planned concert (or concerts?) on the weekend of June 14–16 (details to be determined)
Zoom is great for our out of town members, or in case of illness, and we record all the practices for you to review! We also provide audio practice files for our concert songs.
How to Join the Choir:
Try Us Out for Two Weeks —
No Audition! No Commitment!
No need to register yet! — just come to a newcomer orientation session at 6:30pm, either in person on one of the first two Tuesdays of the season (Feb. 20 or 27) or on Zoom on one of the first two Thursdays of the season (Feb. 22 or 29!) — then join in the singing that starts at 7:00pm.
To join Tuesday or Thursday on Zoom, please do the Zoom registration here.
When you’re sure you want to join for the season, by the end of the third week:
- Complete the choir registration form
- See the Fees section
If you have any questions about registration, please write to our Registrar.
Thank you for your interest in our choir community, and we hope to see you soon!
–Cathy & Dick
For the start of our Spring 2024 season:
- We no longer require a declaration of COVID vaccination status. At the same time, we do appreciate our members’ participation in vaccination programs.
- We continue to ask that if you’re showing any symptoms of illness (COVID, RSV, flu and colds can all have similar symptoms), please stay away from in-person practice.
- As we start our season, masks are now optional for in-person practices, and we will make available these excellent masks for $2, just covering our cost, which allow comfortable breathing and fine singing! (see us singing in masks in our GHC January 2023 concert videos)
- However, we reserve the right to reinstate a mask requirement for attendance if the situation worsens. If this happens, for clarity of teaching and expression, your devoted choir directors would remain unmasked when leading the group.
We care deeply about our singers’ well-being, and will follow the science and provincial protocols and may tend toward greater caution in our policies.
Choir fees are $200 for the season, with a sliding scale of options, according to your means—see the options below. Payment plans are also available as needed—please write to our Registrar. Our bottom line is that no one misses choir because of money.
Fees may be paid by Interac® e-Transfer to email@example.com, or with credit card or PayPal below: (Note: The “Pay Now” button below takes you to a secure page at PayPal, where you will confirm payment.)